Patrick Martin of WSWS reports A portrait of America in decline
This does not come as a surprise to those who read the Bible, as God’s Word reveals a progression of five kingdoms in Daniel 2:37-44 rising to rule mankind.
1) Head of gold: Babylon Empire
2) Chest of bronze: Greek Empire
3) Legs of iron: Roman Empire
4) Feet of iron and clay: British Post Colonial Power and US Dollar Hegemony, maturing as a Beneficial Regime of Neoliberalism.
5) Ten Toes of iron and clay: Ten regions of regional economic government; emerging as the Beast Regime of Neoauthoritarianism which is described in Revelation 13:1-4 as having seven heads, symbolic of mankind’s seven institutions and ten horns, symbolic of the world’s ten regions. The clay of Neoliberalism featured prosperity, and debt expansion, that came via leverage, freedom, and choice. But the iron of Neoauthoritarianism features austerity, and debt servitude, as de rigueur, coming from deleveraging and diktat.
Angela Merkel and Nicolas Sarkozy are Ambassadors of the ten toed kingdom of regional economic government as they called for a “true European economic government” in August 2011. Soon out of sovereign debt crisis, a revived Roman Empire will emerge. It has its beginnings in the European Union which commenced with the Treaty of Rome in Brussels on March 25, 1957, where two agreements were signed that gave birth to the European Economic Community, EEC, and the European Atomic Energy Community, Euratom.
Bible prophecy foretells that soon a New Charlemagne, will rise to power in Europe, Revelation 13:5-10. He will be accompanied by a European Banker, Revelation 13:11-18. Their word, will and way will provide for a new moneyness, and the people will marvel and follow after it, placing their trust and allegiance to it Revelation 13:3-4.